I love cooking with cheese – it lends a nice creaminess to dishes while packing quite a punch of flavor. Here are a couple of tips to ensure the best results when cooking with cheese.
- To keep cheese from becoming tough and stringy, cook it at low temperatures and always add the cheese at the end of the cooking time.
- Cheese melts and blends better if you shred it or cut it into small pieces.
- To shred cheese with soft texture, use a grater with large holes, or finely chop it.
- Lower-fat cheeses don’t melt well.
- When grilling/baking cheese-topped dishes, keep a close eye on them, because the cheese melts fast.
- Cheese microwaves well, but use lower power settings.