This week it is all about St. Patrick’s Day!
5. – The Boston Globe Where’s the Corned Beef? If you are looking for a tried and true St. Patrick’s Day, head up to Boston where the luck of the Irish runs strong!
4. – Chicago Tribune Irish Soda Bread, Traditional and Not An interesting article on the actual history of the bread we have come to know as ancient Irish in origin.
3. – NY Times Saute and Sauce, Green and Greener Though this isn’t a traditional Irish meal, the NY Times swears you won’t find a greener dish than this Chicken with Tomatillos.
2. – Orlando Sentinel Few National Cuisines Make Use of Potatoes the way Irish Chefs Do! “Despite the great potato famine of the 1840’s, potatoes are a mainstay of Irish cookery because they are inexpensive and easy to grow.”
1. – Boston Herald Fast Food: Treats from the Emerald Isle “Michael and Colette Quinlin are Boston’s ambassadors of new Irish cuisine,” says the Boston Herald. Read on for recipes that you might actually find when fine dining in Ireland.