5. – The Washington Post Toward Greater Whirled Peas The Post has has tested my favorite kitchen gadget to find the best of the best… the immersion blender! If you’ve never used one, I highly recommend running right over to your local Williams-Sonoma as it is something you can live without no longer!
4. – NY Times The Dairies are Half-Pint, but the Flavor Isn’t Small dairy farmers unable to stay afloat selling to the large producers are turning to making small batches of butter, cheese and creme fraiche.
3. – Chicago Tribune Food Movies that Deserve an Oscar “Tinseltown is abuzz. Top designers are working overtime dressing the actresses, and ballots marked with X’s are pouring into the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, all for Sunday’s Academy Awards. Among the categories, Best Picture … Best Original Screenplay … Best Use of Food in a Film …
Oops. They’ve forgotten that last category — again!”
2. – LA Times Who’s Got Pop? Newpaper food sections are winning my attention this week, first immersion blenders, then from farm to table dairy products and now, my favorite snack in the whole world…. POPCORN! The LA Times tested 5 different popcorn testers and compared all the others to my favorite popper – THE WHIRLEY-POP!
1. – The Seattle Times Martha Pays $50 Million to Add Emeril to Empire And last, but not least, my favorite (this really was a week of favorites) Martha Stewart – is adding to her empire by buying Emeril’s line of cookbooks and kitchen products!