Today on the Martha Stewart Show, they celebrated the 25th anniversary of the release of Entertaining, Martha’s first book. I have an original copy of this book and consider it one of my favorites! Filled with great ideas like the frozen vodka bottles above, the book has been re-released with a new cover and all the same great ideas on the inside. You can purchase it here.
Click below for the directions for making these beautiful and functional chillers for your bottles of spirits during the holiday season.
These are the directions, right off the Martha Stewart website…
- Place one 750mL round vodka bottle into a fully opened half-gallon cardboard milk or juice carton.
- Insert flowers or thinly sliced fruit (we used holly, cranberry, lime slices, red roses, and white pine branches) around bottle, filling one-third of the carton.
- Pour water into container, just covering fruit and flowers.
- Place upright in the freezer.
- When completely frozen, add another layer of fruit and very cold water, and freeze.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5, filling and freezing a third time, so that fruit and flowers do not float to the top, until water reaches bottle neck.
- Remove from freezer just before serving; cut away milk carton with a utility knife.