5. – San Francisco Chronicle Alameda distiller helps make absinthe legitimate again Looking for the hallucinogenic beverage you sipped while studying abroad in Europe? Wel, it’s now legal in the United States and available in a few select liquor stores.
4. – Sacramento Bee What’s Ripe: A super-sweet grapefruit making its way to markets If you love grapefruit flavored things, but find the fruit just a bit to acidic and tart, you are in luck. A new sweeter variety of grapefruit (cocktail grapefruit) is making its way into a store near you.
3. – Sea Coast Online Care for an Appetizer? “Call them what you will — appetizers, hors d’oeuvres, starters, antipasto, tapas — they are the same. These little plates of goodies were originally meant to stimulate and tease the palate. They remain so to this day. Some just make a meal of them and forgo the main course.”
2. – Pittsburgh Tribune Review Gourmet Approach Possible with Slow Cookers For tips and tricks on making a gourmet (read not something from a college dorm room) meal in your Crockpot, read on…
1. – NY Times Fresh from the Farm: California Caviar If sustainability is your thing, I am guessing there will be no caviar from the Caspian Sea as part of your holiday meal. Read this for a review of a couple of California caviar companies.